These confetti cookies are so soft and chewy, they just melt in your mouth.
These cookies are made from scratch, but they are super quick and easy to throw together.
Dip them in a bit of decadent glaze and top with some sprinkles, and you have fabulous confetti cookies that won’t last 5 minutes.
For the cookies we’ll be using:
- Baking powder
- & Vanilla
For the glaze, you’ll need:
- Powdered sugar
- & Vanilla
Make sure to follow the steps in order, as that what helps the the cookies become soft and chewy and hold their round shape.
To make these cookies, you’ll start by melting the butter and the shortening together in the microwave, until just melted.
Next, add in the sugar and eggs and beat well. Then mix in the rest of the dry ingredients. Finally add in the vanilla and beat until there are no lumps in the cookie batter.
Form the cookie dough into balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will appear slightly under baked. This is a good thing. You do not want to over bake these cookies.
Other wise they won’t turn out soft and chewy.
While the cookies are baking make your glaze.
Remove your cookies from the oven when done and let cool completely.
Once the cookies are completely cooled, dip them into the glaze.
When turning upside down twist to allow the glaze to stick to the cookie.
Top with colorful sprinkles. We used a pretty rainbow blend. Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
Soft and Chewy Confetti Cookies
These soft and chewy confetti cookies are dipped in a delicious simple glaze and topped with fun rainbow sprinkles.
For the Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
To Make the Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Like a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease, set aside.
- Melt the butter and shortening together in microwave.
- Next, add sugar and eggs and beat well.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until no lumps
- Form cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before dipping in glaze.
To Make the Glaze
- Add milk to powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add in vanilla extract
- Glaze will be a bit thick, if not add more powdered sugar.
- Dip cooled cookies in glaze and add fun sprinkles.
It's important to wait for the cookies to cool completely before dipping them into the glaze. Otherwise the glaze with melt off and won't hold the sprinkles.